Business Analyst (Ideally with JDE Technology Experience)
Based in London Victoria
1 Year Fixed Term Contract or Permanent Position
Salary negotiable up to GBP125K p/a + Benefits
As part of our client’s Technology Group, this role is an important bridge between their technology teams and business stakeholders.
Working with the client Product Owner, you will partner with our Specific Departments and Operations groups to define and deliver new and exciting solutions in our ERP, Auction systems and across an eco-system of supporting products. You will be supporting the SDLC working with Solution Architects, Designers, Developers, Testers and ensuring the successful release of new products and features to realise the business benefits
Reporting To Product Owner – Sales and Operations
· You will be flexible and pragmatic with a professional approach, able to anticipate problems and work with incomplete information
· Build credibility and maintain strong relationships across the business with your excellent written and verbal communication skills, technology expertise and business knowledge
· Build and maintain excellent working relationships with the client’s Product Owners, Tech Leads and the Architecture group, leveraging your collaborative style
· Work with Product Owner & business stakeholders to capture and elicit functional & non-functional requirements, document and validate assumptions
· Write clear requirements and analysis documentation – Ensures scrum epics and user stories are comprehensive. Ensure business requirements (functional & non-functional) are explicitly captured in documentation (BRD, FDS, requirements Matrix or JIRA), with clearly documented requirement acceptance criteria
· May be required to document the As-Is and develop To-Be business processes to support solution design with business
· Be able to work on multiple developments and train and/or mentor other team members, peers and clients as appropriate.
· Have an open and transparent style of working that can influence and operate with both technical and business stakeholders effectively
Key Tasks & Responsibilities (duties include but are not limited to the following)
· Investigate complex business issues, researching and identifying inventive solutions.
· Design solutions that meet the stated business and technical requirements. Ensuring requirements traceability throughout
· Create content with Product Owner for governance & business engagement forums
· Run requirements workshops and document business problem statements, requirements and change management needs
· Create high quality artefacts that support the software delivery process
· Work with the business to answer questions and clarifications from the 3rd party delivery team to support timely delivery
· Manage JIRA to ensure appropriate priority and tracking of tickets and ticket content for delivery team, validate sprint/project prioritisation and ensure appropriate ticket statuses
· Work with Solution Architects, other Business Analysts and Business stakeholders holders to identify, design and specify solutions
· Attend design forums to provide oversight of solutions and sign off
· Work with 3rd party software suppliers, and development teams from other teams, to ensure delivered solutions meet design
· Review test plans and test cases to ensure requirements coverage
· Support UAT activities and business engagement/communication
· Support the transition to service of initiatives – run show and tells, train the trainer, take requirements and feedback from hyper care processes
· Management and escalation of any issues that arise in the process of developing the solution
Experience & Skills Required
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to produce clear, concise, detailed documentation
· Experience in all aspects of application development (analysis and design to implementation and support).
· Good understanding of analysis methodologies, either SSADM or UML
· Good communication skills, both written and verbal and the ability to work independently with 3rd party development teams.
· Knowledge of JD Edwards software/ERP software, primarily focusing on P2P, Inventory and Shipping modules.
· Advanced proficiency using various Microsoft Office products.
· Proven experience of Business analysis design and configuration experience.
· Full project lifecycle technical design experience on two or more significant implementations within medium to large organisation(s).
· Highly passionate, self-motivated and driven individual who has a strong functional understanding of package ERP and EPM solutions – preferably JD Edwards.
· Highly experienced with e-commerce, invoicing and tax solutions
· Possess an understanding of data and data relationships across multiple applications.
· Have a strong desire to improve existing solutions, to innovate and to improve the way that JD Edwards is used at the client.
· CNC Knowledge and experience a plus.
· Demonstrated experience leading change across multiple business areas and/or geographies.
· Self-starter who is able to perform under pressure.