Role Cloud Database Architect
Location Anywhere in UK/EU- Romanian Preferred
Years of Experience 10+ Years
Type of Hiring Permanent for EU /Subcon for UK (Any)
Onsite/Offsite 100% Remote
Language English, German Preferred
· 10+ Years of experience with Strong experience in DB Administration, backup, restore, upgrade, migrate, and troubleshoot the databases performance issues
· Expertise in using AWS DMS + SCT and/or Azure DMA
· Experience with Replication technologies, high availability techniques in PostgreSQL/ MySQL
· Re-architect the database infrastructure for scalability. Migration from Oracle to Postgre will be added advantage (Not Mandatory).
· Performs database performance monitoring and tuning, including advanced skills in the effective use of database tools
· You are responsible for delivering a complex Cloud migration, Transformation project for customers from Cloud Database perspective.
· You will be a senior member of the team responsible for technical leadership of cloud database services.
· Your track record and experience of both traditional database and cloud native will enable you to smoothly transform client environments to a trusted cloud environment in order to achieve their business goals.
· In this role, you will analyse the client’s business requirements, use your broad technical knowledge and database administration skills to architect the right solution and execute them for migration and other cloud projects.
· You will show leadership to the wider project and technical teams across cloud delivery.
· Your leadership skills will enable you to coach members of the team, drive solutions forward and be able to take a pragmatic approach to ensure success in challenging environments.
· You should have excellent stakeholder management skills, good commercial awareness and be comfortable working closely with clients.
· Should participate in industry community networking and knowledge sharing events.
· Responsible for ensuring that database solutions for AWS Cloud Services are efficiently and effectively defined, and competitive against other vendors solutions.
· Provides expertise and creativity in the execution of differentiating database services and solutions.
· Provides leadership in developing innovative service capabilities for cloud database related work.
· Leading and architecting cloud database solutions & architecture in hybrid enterprise environments for AWS and other cloud platforms
· Taking responsibility for the end-to-end database solutions & operations for both managed and IaaS based hosting.
· Leading our people where needed to deliver elements of a solution (matrix management)
· Acting as a technical leader and providing guidance to the wider project
· Analysing client business requirements and translating these to the right technical solution/architecture
· Working with Infra/Migration Architects to designing, planning and delivering cloud migration projects from data centre, other clouds to AWS, etc. within defined landing zone
· Responsible for developing strategies, technology, framework/accelerators, tools, methods, services and solutions around cloud database services.
· Leads development of the detailed technical design and architecture for new/existing cloud contract opportunities.
· Documenting technical strategy, solutions and reviewing component designs
· Establishing trusted working relationships both internally and externally
· Actively sharing knowledge within the team and Cloud Community
Skills – Mandatory
As an architect you should have:
· AWS Database certification
· Certifications on 3rd party database and related tools and standard
· 12+ years of total experience in related areas with last 3+ years of experience on cloud
· Proven experience owning technical strategy and solutions for different databases from design through to successful delivery end-to-end
· Experience on database optimization techniques
· Experience in database DR & HA design and implementations including cross-region DRs
· Experience designing, planning and delivering cloud projects in enterprise environments using different databases like SQL, NoSQL, cloud native databases, etc.
· Experience leading other team members to deliver solution elements
· Extensive experience architecting database solutions in complex enterprise environments
· Broad technical awareness of multiple application and database technologies like Java, SAP, Oracle, Oracle RAC, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, NoSql, etc.
· Excellent stakeholder management of senior decision makers
· Strong understanding of traditional infrastructure environments as these are integral part of cloud transformation projects.
· Understands application and workload move dispositions (cloud, P2V, V2H, Lift and Shift) and the methodologies around each
· Understanding of AWS Services
· Understanding of IaC tools like Cloud Formation, Terraform, Ansible, etc.
· Strong experience on database migration tools eco systems
· Strong experience on offline and live database migrations using cloud native and 3rd party tools
· Good awareness of end-to-end business applications and enterprise services
· Proactive working style and comfortable dealing with ambiguity
· Client focused with strong presentation skills and written communication
· Experience working in Agile environments