Role Cloud Database Consultant
Location Anywhere in UK/EU- Romanian Preferred
Years of Experience 7+ Years
Type of Hiring Permanent for EU /Subcon for UK (Any)
Onsite/Offsite 100% Remote
Language English, German Preferred
· 7+ Years of experience with Strong experience in DB Administration, backup, restore, upgrade, migrate, and troubleshoot the databases performance issues
· Expertise in using AWS DMS + SCT and/or Azure DMA
· Experience with Replication technologies, high availability techniques in PostgreSQL/ MySQL
· Re-architect the database infrastructure for scalability. Migration from Oracle to Postgre will be added advantage (Not Mandatory).
· Performs database performance monitoring and tuning, including advanced skills in the effective use of database tools
· You are responsible for delivering a complex Cloud migration, Transformation project for customers from Cloud Database perspective.
· You will be a senior member of the team responsible for delivery of cloud database services.
· Your track record and experience of both traditional database and cloud native will enable you to smoothly transform client environments to a trusted cloud environment in order to achieve their business goals.
· In this role, along with cloud architects you will analyse the client’s business requirements, use your broad technical knowledge and database administration skills to build the right solution and execute them for migration and other cloud projects.
· You will show leadership to the wider project, peers and technical teams across cloud delivery.
· You should have excellent stakeholder management skills, good commercial awareness and be comfortable working closely with clients.
· Should participate in industry community networking and knowledge sharing events.
· Responsible for ensuring that database solutions for AWS Cloud Services are efficiently and effectively defined, and competitive against other vendors solutions.
· Build/execute cloud database solutions & architecture in hybrid enterprise environments for AWS and other cloud platforms
· Taking responsibility for the end-to-end database solutions & operations for both managed and IaaS based hosting.
· Analysing requirements and translating these to the right technical solution and executing
· Working with cloud platform architects/engineers to contribute to designing, planning and delivering cloud migration projects from data center, other clouds to AWS, etc. within defined landing zone
· Responsible for developing framework/accelerators, tools, methods, services and solutions around cloud database services.
· Contributes to development of the detailed technical design and architecture for new/existing cloud contract opportunities.
· Documenting technical steps, solutions and reviewing component designs
· Establishing trusted working relationships both internally and externally
· Actively sharing knowledge within the team and Cloud Community
Skills – Mandatory
You should have:
· AWS Database certification
· Certifications on 3rd party database and related tools and standard
· 7+ years of total experience in related areas with last 3+ years of experience on cloud
· Proven experience on database centric successful delivery end-to-end
· Experience on database operations for optimization & tuning techniques
· Experience in database DR & HA design and implementations including cross-region DRs
· Experience delivering cloud projects in enterprise environments using different databases like Oracle, Oracle RAC, SQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL, NoSQL, cloud native databases, etc.
· Broad technical awareness of multiple application technologies like Java, SAP, .Net, DevOps, etc.
· Strong understanding of traditional database environments as these are integral part of cloud transformation projects.
· Understanding of major AWS Services
· Understanding of IaC tools like Cloud Formation, Terraform, Ansible, etc.
· Strong experience on database migration tools eco systems
· Strong experience on offline and live database migrations using cloud native and 3rd party tools
· Good awareness of end-to-end business applications and enterprise services
· Proactive working style and comfortable dealing with ambiguity
· Great analytical skills and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
· Client focused with presentation skills and written communication
· Experience working in Agile environments
Skills – Preferred
The following skills and qualifications are also desirable:
· Experience on more than one database
· Experience working in a service integrator or service provider environment
· Exposure to large database migration program
· Certification and knowledge on Azure cloud platform and related database tools eco system