Salary offered: Max GBP 100K PA
JD below for your reference.
Note: Candidate should have strong banking domain experience.
Title: Data & Analytics Business Analyst
· Technical Data & Analytics related systems delivery, responsible for interfacing with portfolio management, project managers & stakeholders in the delivery of EOL related Programme delivery
· The overall objective of this role is to conduct Business Analysis for the EOL programme with specific responsibility for data analysis on a set of Data & Analytics data currently residing on end a number of life W2008 File Servers.
· The role will require the individual to work closely with the EOL Storage Project team and the Data & Analytics Business unit to identify data (share) ownership, the type of data and criticality e.g. applications using the data, End User Computing data, spreadsheet data etc and agree an approach, timeline, key milestones and plans to migrate the data onto a new Dell Isilon Storage platform.
· The role will involve collecting content and technical details from those Data owners within Data & Analytics, working alongside the Programme team to assist in the coordination and migration of the data within agreed timescales. Key focus will be to support the identification and clarification of data types and technical testing requirements across multiple Data & Analytics business streams within the programme.
· The role will also include supporting each technical area on remediation of challenges and business engagement and provide regular and timely updates accordingly to the Data & Analytics key stakeholders and Programme team project managers.
Successfully manage and deliver project aspects.
· Identify Data & Analytics Business share owners through ongoing Business engagement activity, i.e. review end user and application data with nominated Data & Analytics Data Champions, review scheduling plans in detail (per sub area within Data & Analytics)
· Gather and define testing / delivery requirements for EOL migration project, and document and evaluate options for meeting the project objectives
· Collaborate with developers and technical architects to understand technology limitations, recommendations and development options
· Stakeholder Management – Proactively communicate with external and internal customers to analyse information needs, functional requirements and business processes
· Evaluate feasibility of upgrades /migrations to new versions of infrastructure components/tools.
· Verify User cross dependencies – intra/ inter department & across locations/entities
· Collection of requirements/use cases for EOL projects
· Collect decom requirements from supporting teams etc to be built into our process properly (including app and hardware decom)
· Prepare the requirements log and tracking documentation & Assist with the Test (SAT/UAT) Documentation and alignment to requirements
· Assist from a scheduling perspective, helping to capture users into business unit migration matrices
· Provision of appropriate documentation and controls
· Ensure all activities are completed effectively and in accordance with Change Lifecycle and adoption of company project methodology. Responsibilities include: change control, maintenance of files, document control, actual data collection and forecasting, updating of plans, administration of quality reviews, meetings support, minute taking and standards reporting.
· Ensure completion and appropriate storage of all documentation.
· Ensure completion of weekly Status Update Report
· Liaise where required with IT & Business in order to assist with the dissemination of information to external clients as appropriate.
Project team management
· Work and agree with Management and Technical Leaders the necessary performance metrics for the delivery of any associated Work Packages.
· Responsible for owning Clarifying & validating the technical requirements including the resolution of conflicting requirements ensuring that all changes are recorded managed and communicated appropriately
· Organises & facilitates the requirement gathering and prioritisation workshops, document outputs and follow up on actions and queries
· Exercise sound management skills in all dealings with project members and non-project stakeholders including but not limited to the skills of: influencing, negotiating, conflict resolution, performance enhancement, and error correction.
· Ensure assigned staff are aware of their responsibilities within the project and provide input where applicable for assignment reviews on completion Project Activities.
· Interface with EOL and other technology teams such as Service Acceptance, Service Management/Design, and Application Support in order to deliver pre-identified Production related products in line with the SDLC.
· Strives to build positive working relationships, inside & outside own team. Treats all colleagues with respect and encourages colleagues to work effectively together. Willing to take on additional work to help others.
· Strong leadership and team building Hands on, can do attitude. Must be prepared to lead by example to drive delivery.
· Ability to set, agree and evaluate clear objectives, identify potential impact of changes.
· Attention to detail, seeks to help and co-operate with customers in order to develop productive, professional relationships with Customers (internal/external).
· Problem solving and Decision Making
· Resolve unusual or highly complex problems, with the involvement of others as required. Able to identify solutions and explore alternatives outside familiar approaches.
· Result orientated
· Develop logical, realistic plan to meet objectives. Tenacious and delivery focused in approach. Continually seeks to make the area in which they work more efficient and effective. Continually strives to make the area in which they work more efficient and effective.
· Effective Communication skills
· Excellent written and oral skills, clear and concise, keeps manager informed of work progression at sensible intervals. Engage; manage vendors and third parties as appropriate.
· Seeks opportunities for self development
· Ensures their skills and knowledge are up to date. Welcomes opportunities to learn.
Candidate Profile / Key Skills
· Extensive and proven experience in data analysis techniques, tools and O365 suite of applications (Excel, Powerpoint, MS Word etc incl Teams for communication)
· Proven experience and knowledge of Windows File system data structures and data types
· Experience of Application testing for desktop migration
· Experience of analysing Office enhancements (End user developed apps, Add-ins, Macros)
· Extensive experience of gathering, analysing and documenting technical developer and corresponding business requirements.
· Extensive historical EUC and infrastructure level business analysis capabilities
· Extensive experience in technical communication delivery in financial organisations
· Extensive experience in developing innovative communication strategies
· Extensive knowledge of stakeholder management
· Extensive experience of increasing resource advocacy
· Extensive experience in creating a consistent approach to branding
· Awareness of the latest Office 365 products and features
· Experience of the SDLC (software development life cycle)
Salary offered: Max GBP 100K PA