Our client is looking for an experienced Data Center Engineer to join an exciting project in oslo, Norway.
This role requires an in depth understanding of both VMWare virtualization, UNIX and Network technologies along with sound knowledge on Data Centre hardware like Servers, Storage devices, Network devices etc. the candidate will be Managing the entire landscape of the DC, servers, DBs, Storages
· Good Experience of Linux in an enterprise environment
· Good exposure to SQL, Oracle Database, VMWare, Scripting, Configuration Management and Automation
Secondary Skills (one or more of the following would be beneficial Storage)
· Oracle/ Puppet/ Ansible/ Katello/ HSM/ Networks/ Solaris/ Windows
· HSM /PKI/CA/Puppet/Ansible/Configuration/Software/Hardware/Katello/Licencing/Nimbus/Redhat/Storage/Window/Patching/Compliance
Roles and Responsibilities But Not Restricted To The Following:
· Maintaining the day to day operations of our critical high secure services though with a focus on automating routines and working practices.
· Work closely with application operations teams and the business to assist them in meeting their goals. You Responsible for your technology domains, driving it forward and training other team members as appropriate
· Carry out performance-tuning operations on data center storage systems to ensure high level of data quality, availability, and security.
· Collaborate with the departmental heads of an organization such as the sales and marketing managers to develop and implement strategies for improved data center operations.
· Evaluating, designing, and recommending choice network adapters, backup solutions, and network systems are also part of the data center engineer description.
· Develops database solutions by designing proposed system; defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications.
· Installs database systems by developing flowcharts; applying optimum access techniques; coordinating installation actions; documents actions.
· Maintains database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases; completing maintenance; answering user questions.