1. Team follows a On Guard model. This means 8×5 on-prem support followed by on call .The candidates will have to be willing to support On Call for P1 incidents.
2. Norway Police clearance necessary to enter Data Center , once the candidate is selected he should apply for Norwegian Police Clearance and should get it. It is mandatory.
3. This role requires an in depth understanding of both VMWare virtualization, UNIX and Network technologies along with sound knowledge on Data Centre hardware like Servers, Storage devices, Network devices etc. the candidate will be Managing the entire landscape of the DC, servers, DBs, Storages
4. Start date ASAP
Job Title: Data Centre Engineer
Location: Oslo, Norway
Employment Type: Contract
What you’ll need;
To be a part of our team, youll need to have:
· Good Experience of Linux in an enterprise environment
· Good exposure to SQL, Oracle Database, VMWare, Scripting, Configuration Management and Automation
Secondary Skills (one or more of the following would be beneficial Storage)
· Oracle/ Puppet/ Ansible/ Katello/ HSM/ Networks/ Solaris/ Windows
· HSM /PKI/CA/Puppet/Ansible/Configuration/Software/Hardware/Katello/Licensing/Nimbus/Redhat/Storage/Window/Patching/Compliance
What you’ll be doing;
Roles And Responsibilities But Not Restricted To The Following:
· Maintaining the day to day operations of our critical high secure services though with a focus on automating routines and working practices.
· Carry out performance-tuning operations on data center storage systems to ensure high level of data quality, availability, and security
· Collaborate with the departmental heads of an organization such as the sales and marketing managers to develop and implement strategies for improved data center operations.
· Evaluating, designing, and recommending choice network adapters, backup solutions, and network systems are also part of the data center engineer description.
· Develops database solutions by designing proposed system; defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications.
· Installs database systems by developing flowcharts; applying optimum access techniques; coordinating installation actions; documents actions.
· Maintains database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases; completing maintenance; answering user questions.
What we offer:
· On-line training programmes.
· Competitive market salary based on professional experience and skills