Our client is looking for an experienced Infrastructure Delivery programme Manager to join their team in London.
Technology is rapidly changing, with customers wanting to interact more quickly and securely with their service providers. For Bank Technology, the ability to deliver innovative technology, rapidly, continuously and safely, is at the heart of delivering the simpler, faster, better banking experience that our customers and colleagues expect.
IT Infrastructure Delivery (ITID) encompasses approximately 6,000 colleagues spread across 45+ locations. The annual budget is over $1.5 billion and our infrastructure and services support over 250,000 colleagues and 50+ million customers. ITID is part of the Technology organisation whose ambition is to be the worlds leading financial services technology team and are on a journey to transform accordingly.
With this level of transformation, we also need to be cognizant of the impact of all these changes on HOST and Bank, ensuring that the right level of governance, controls and reporting is in place and managed appropriately.
The ITID PPM Programme Managers lead and manage large scale complex global strategic change programmes and business transformations with the business and delivery partners (circa $50m + budgets, matrixed teams, multiple business lines). They act as a role model, leading as one global team, demonstrating active leadership and communication. As a senior leader they need to be able to operate at executive level, across regions and global businesses.
Programme Managers are responsible for deploying the Business Transformation Frameworks within their programme and instilling good programme disciplines within their programme and across Global Change Delivery and the Bank Group. The role holder has end to end responsibility for all aspects of the programme, including definition, planning, execution & implementation, governance & control, financial, resource and change management. They are also responsible for effective handover of the programme into Business as Usual operations to support effective benefits realisation. They work closely with their respective Portfolio Manager, the Global ITID PPM Practice team and their senior stakeholders to ensure alignment of their programme with the wider change portfolio and the Group Strategy, Values and Behaviours.
Programme Managers will often play a people / team management role within the projects / programmes they work on. They may also have line management responsibility for a group of more junior resources within their resource pool (as related to their job family).
The specific purpose of this role is to establish and deliver (manage / direct / track) and report progress on a number group wide programmes that will ensure that Bank meets its obligations in respect of a number of key Intrastructure Delivery capabilities.
This role holder will establish and deliver programmes within the ITID PPM Change the Bank (CtB) portfolios which could include but is not limited to: Service Sustaining portfolio (SSP), Transformation, ITID Corporate Real Estate portfolio.
As Programme Lead in the ITID CtB programme, the role holder will provide direct oversight of the programme (s) / projects (s), financial and outcome accountability, reporting to the Global Head of Portfolio & Programme Management within ITID. In executing this role, the Programme Manager will need to:
· build strong relationships with senior stakeholders within IT, Global Businesses, Finance
· work closely with their respective Portfolio Manager, the Global ITID PPM Practice team and their senior stakeholders to ensure alignment of their programme with the wider change portfolio and group strategy, values and behaviour
· provide board level overview of progress, lead and direct multidisciplinary teams across all global businesses, global functions and regions
· lead end to end execution and responsibility for all aspects of the programme, including definition, planning, execution & implementation, governance & control, financial, resource and change management.
· Provide financial analysis, including being able to contextualise financial data into business activities and conclusions
· Ensure the adherence to financial processes and procedures at programme level, as set and communicated by Bank Group, regulators and ITID PPM Practice.
· Own the the identification and escalation of any budgetary related risks, issues and opportunities to portfolio/function as appropriate.
· have responsibility for effective handover of the programme into Business as Usual operations to support effective benefits realisation.
· have responsibility for deploying the Business Transformation Frameworks and respective methodologies within their Programme and instilling good programme disciplines within their programme and wider team.
Impact on the Business Function
· Plans effectively around delivery constraints and optimizes the programme/project plan to maximize benefits and minimise risk. Develops the plan within constraints, considering the delivery approach, key milestones and dependencies within the plan, requirements and scope, effort and resources, budgets and quality.
· Ensures the baseline measures are established which include scope, requirements, benefits, schedule and budget are managed as outlined in project and programme management frameworks. Identifies and intervenes where there is slippage and variance from plan.
· Plans and tracks operating and capital spend within budgetary constraints and reports risks and discrepancies. Tracks and reports on financial business case commitments and ensures adherence to financial processes. Leads by example and encourages excellent financial management in others.
· Oversees the tracking of projects(s) risks, issues, dependencies and assesses the impacts on the benefit realization for the project(s) and takes action to minimise impact, actively challenging and removing obstacles
· Influences and collaborates with ITID and other ITD and global business stakeholders and partners to drive the transformation outcomes. Represents ITID, where necessary, at discussions regarding project/programme prioritisation and to create buy-in for risk mitigation and contingency plans
· Obtains sponsor and stakeholder buy in to plans, key commitments and changes against baseline as they arise
· Obtains sponsor and stakeholder sign off for deliverables, formally closes project, assesses stakeholder satisfaction and captures feedback. Captures key learns from each project.
· Articulates to stakeholders the targeted benefits and takes joint responsibility for benefits realisation
· Manages the initiative sponsor(s), working with them to ensure project deliverables are met
· Plans and manages the implementation of multiple people related transformation projects, to ensure business benefits are realised and that the transition from current state to target state is smooth. Ensures that the ITID organization and other change audiences are ready, willing and able to function in the new business environment.
· Works closely with delivery partners on planning, design and estimating, bringing together teams; actively managing dependencies between these teams and other projects and prgrammes
· Sets the pace and operating rhythm, driving a culture of achievement and ensures pace by identifying and removing barriers to transformation programmes and their success
· Promotes pace and energy within the team and leads by example
Leadership & Teamwork
· Act as inspirational role model for the ITID PPM colleagues and line managers and contribute to developing its leadership talent and resourcing strategies. These efforts will help position Bank as top provider of ITID services in each of its primary markets and achieve maximum profitability and growth.
· Proactively enhance, drive and execute guidelines that ensure that all programmes are implemented in a manner that will ensure customer value, maximized revenues, cost savings and improved efficiencies.
regular dialogue with Global and Regional ITID Leadership teams in support of best practice initiatives and developments that will establish and maintain vibrant, enthused, and highly energised work environments.