Industry Sector: Financial Services
Experience Level: Minimum 6+ Years
Mandatory Skills – MUST have: Solid Java, Kafka, Docker with Fixed Income Experience.
Overall purpose of the job:
· Work directly in the Market Data Technology global pod’ where you will contribute to, and share the ownership of, the global suite of market data applications, while helping the team build the next generation of the market data technology suite.
· To contribute to Client’s new strategic technology stack encompassing technologies such as Kafka, Spark and Docker and Kubernetes.
· Provide 2nd line technical support to all applications owned by the Market Data Technology pod.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Contribute to the pod’s sprint planning process; as your understanding of the entire market data technology suite grows over time, help the pod lead forecast what business goals the pod can achieve over n sprints.
· Help the pod achieve its planned sprint goals even if it means contributing to systems that may initially be unfamiliar.
· Assume responsibility with other development team members in the region for the maintenance and support of our new Kubernetes regional clusters.
· Resolution of L1/L2 issues. Detailed analysis of issues that need escalation to L3.
· Desktop support.
· Participate on weekend maintenance schedules as required.
Education and Qualifications:
· Degree educated in a relevant subject
· Excellent Java knowledge and delivery track record.
· Willingness to develop occasional features or help the team with C#.
· Experience dealing with market data and more specifically Bloomberg APIs (BPIPE/SAPI/Data License) is advantageous.
· Good knowledge of SQL and databases.
· Smart and get things done attitude, good communication skills, both written and spoken.
· Ability to effectively manage, prioritize and deliver work on multiple projects, both brownfield and greenfield in a fast paced environment.
· Web UI experience using React.
· Experience working with Kafka.
· Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes.
· Knowledge of NoSQL and time series databases.
· Some understanding of finance, ideally in the Equity Derivatives, Fixed Income, FX and Equity areas.
Conduct Staff Obligations:
The FCA has published the following expectations relating to Conduct Staff.
Our client expects all employees to follow these Conduct Rules:
1. You must act with integrity.
2. You must act with due care, skill and diligence.
3. You must be open and cooperative with the FCA, the PRA and other regulators.
4. You must pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly.
5. You must observe proper standards of market conduct.
If you are interested in this initial 1 year Fixed Term Employment Contract, please provide a copy of your latest CV ASAP.