B2 German Speaking
Skills & Knowledge
· Telecommunications / Industrial / Construction Engineering, or similar proven experience. Significant experience in end to end Programme Management of large, complex programmes, ideally at Tier 1 Telcos and Cable Operators is preferable.
· Network rollouts, Expansion and Evolution within the telecommunications, FTTH/Cable, and/or media industries.
· Particular emphasis is placed on experience in and knowledge of network build expertise: will have thorough knowledge of the E2E network deployment process from previous experiences managing one or multiple build programmes, assisting the team to leverage these insights during network plan, design and build.
· Knowledge of the build operating models and components used in major markets of the telco/mobile/media/cable industry globally is required.
· Proven experience and skills in managing vendors, developing risk based commercial frameworks, and vendor relationship management.
· Industry leadership: constantly scans the market to understand competitor trends and how these might affect our build plans
· Experienced in communicating network build related matters in a clear and concise manner to the business
· Ideally with a PMI Project Management Professional or recognised equivalent qualification
· End to end responsibility for FTTH build program delivery from planning through design, development, integration, test, and handover. Ensuring that projects adhere to project planning principles and are successfully delivered in a controlled manner with options such a release “tranching” being assessed to maximise the benefit and efficiencies to the business.
· Shaping the network build strategy: accountability for developing all aspects of the network deployment, including the assessment, definition and prioritisation of areas of deployment, approving and overseeing build contractors and other partners in delivering all activity required to implement the build plan successfully.
· Overseeing network build: accountable for oversight and control of the E2E B2B/B2C network build, tracking the compliance with the objectives set and ensuring that quality agreements are addressed.
· Accountable for the assessment of risks / issues within and between projects with timely escalations to senior management team when required
· Ensure that appropriate targets and milestone dates are set for the speed and quality of delivery and manage the lifecycle activities to achieve those targets
· Identify and pro-actively manage inbound and outbound dependencies within and across organisations and technical programmes
· Conflicts resolution: responsible for resolving of areas of conflict (such as environments, resource, budget priorities) working closely with key stakeholders to keep them informed on progress of the programmes and projects within remit.