We have an exciting opportunity for a data visualisation expert to join our growing Data & AI team. The successful applicant will work alongside our architects and consultants to deliver high quality data solutions to help our customers become more successful in delivering the insight to maximise and scale automated decisioning.
· Create business intelligence and data reporting solutions to enable impactful business action
· Understand customer requirements and work collaboratively with architects and consultants to design technical solutions that deliver the expected outcomes.
· Develop visualisations that are commercially viable and technically excellentto guide consumers through a compelling data-driven story
· Diagnose and fix issues in complex technical environments, provide technical support and guidance through prototyping, testing, build, and launch of PowerBI applications
· Contribute to enabling higher quality data to be created & managed in customer organisations and standardise on the definition of business-critical data
· Take technical responsibility across front-end development. Inform the integration and storage layer architecture to ensure data is available as required in the consumption layer
· Contribute to estimating activities, driving towards approaches that balance quality and velocity of delivery.
· Contribute to using AI techniques around Machine Learning to support decision making processes with predictive and prescriptive outcomes
· Deliver comprehensive technical documentation that supports the deployment and administration of the solutions we build
· Continually refine our development standards and best practices, promoting their reuse and ensuring they are adopted
· Support and mentor other data visualisation experts within the team and our clients
· Up to date knowledge and extensive experience developingPowerBI applications.
o Data Modelling
o Developing calculations in DAX which are accurate and performant on large datasets
o Designing effective layouts using Data Visualisations best practises
o Undertaking data analyses to support decision making
o Develop production-ready Reports, Dashboards and deploy to corporate platform
o Develop user manual &training documentation
o Work in DevOps environment for solution delivery Skills
· Strong data analysis skills
· Competent SQL skills
· In depth understanding of data warehousing concepts
· Experience developing, deploying and trouble-shooting data applications in Microsoft Azure.
· Experience of eliciting and creatively meeting customer requirements through powerful stories told through engaging visuals
· Understanding the full suite of Power BI products
· Experience of working with agile methods and lean principles
· Confident communicator internally and externally, up and down the stakeholder list including the ability to advise, train and support
Knowledge and experience of the following would be advantageous:
· Experience of development using Python and/or R
· Experience in Tableau/Qlik/SBO/Cognos/Microstrategy
· Experience of working with NoSQL databases such as Cosmos DBor Mongo DB
· Experience of working automation testing tool such as Selenium.
· Knowledge of SSAS (Tabular and Multi-dimensional) , Flow and Power Apps