Role – Senior Test Engineer
Location – Reading, Berkshire
Type – Permanent
· Experience running tests, collecting and recording results and then retesting to prove that errors identified have been corrected
· Input and create Test Strategies, ensuring that ranges of testing like unit, functional, performance, stress, acceptance etc test phases are covered.
· Work closely with Multi-Vendor / Suppliers and Industry Participants to develop appropriate testing approaches and plans.
· Validate the testing against the agreed Test strategy for the Project
· Review levels of testing being undertaken. This includes system testing, regression testing, non- functional testing and integration testing to Operation Acceptance Testing.
· Validate the quality of Multi-Vendor / Suppliers testing by utilising the Test Plan and materials.
· In conjunction with SMEs and Business, identify and discuss gaps in the data capture process and formulate the approach to be adopted to ensure all critical information is captured for Test Cases and Defects such that Standard and Customised.
· Performing regression and exploratory testing.
· Identify and remediate gaps in the linkage between Test Case, Test Execution and Defects to implement a process for eliminating the gaps to establish Bi-Directional Traceability Matrix.
· Work closely with the Products, Projects and Testing Team to meet Project deadlines.
· Champion quality-driven delivery for the Products and identity, implement and enforce quality processes throughout the project delivery lifecycle.
· Prepare and contribute to quality process definition for the program, including formal and informal review, testing and inspection regimes.
· Minimum 3 years working as a Tester or equivalent demonstrable expertise
· Thorough and practical experience of working in QA and Test
· Experience of test tooling
· ISTQB®/ISEB foundation in software testing – preferred
· Good IT skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, Visio)
· Proven experience working in teams practicing Agile & DevOps using appropriate tooling
· Demonstrable experience of working with third-party suppliers.