Job Title – System/Application Engineer
Type of Hiring (Permanent/ Fixed term employment FTE – Duration 9 months – 1 Yr – On site
London – Permenant – GBP60/70,000 P/A
Ireland – Contract – 300-350 P/D
· The Systems Engineer (SE) is responsible for the engineering and support aspects of application middleware components. The SE oversees the technical design, development and maintenance of application infrastructure components as well as maintaining engineering design standards and a stable application infrastructure environment. The SE provides coordination to ensure implementation and monitoring of applications as well as analysing and projecting long-range capacity requirements. The SE will deal with system related incidents and problems, upgrades, patching, provisioning, configuring and disaster recovery and will be required to collaborate with a variety of technical teams.
· At least 4 years of working experience in a RedHat Linux and/or Windows, running Java based middleware application environments
· At least 3 years experience supporting a multi-tiered web application environment
· Excellent experience in some or all of the following: Tomcat, Apache Administration
· A good knowledge and understanding of network devices such as F5 Load Balancer, Firewalls, and DNS
· A good knowledge of cloud computing technologies and environments as well as containerization (docker)
· A good awareness of Microsoft .NET technology
· Excellent communication and writing skills
· Experience in at least one end-user ticket management system
· Experience/good knowledge of an industry standard change management process
· Experience in basic network troubleshooting
· Enjoys working in fast paced ever changing work environment
· Candidate must be flexible in terms of working hours due to the nature of the role
· Weekend work and extended days to support organized changes or incidents may be required – but through prior agreement
· Provides on-call rotational production technical support, manages severity level 1 issues and implements change controls as well as contributes to production issue resolution.
· Ensures application availability, reliability and stability and documents root cause analysis of all in-scope incidents along with recommended corrective action plans.
· Participate in OS upgrades, application migrations and projects requiring infrastructure implementation and/or changes
· Assist with application releases and processes
· Act as an infrastructure partner on projects, helping to define the infrastructure needs, outlining benefits and addressing issues as they arise
· Create and maintain technical documents such as knowledge base articles, infrastructure diagrams, and FAQs