About Our Client
Our client (NYSE: INFY) is the business critical technology partner for the worlds most successful organizations. As a global leader in Business Transformation, providing strategic business consulting, technology, engineering and outsourcing services to help clients leverage technology and create impactful and measurable business value for every IT investment.
We are looking for a candidate with a strong telecom and GIS domain background in playing a techno-functional lead role in implementing GIS solutions for Telecom clients specific to Open Source technologies.
The Candidate will need to have experience in implementing GIS solutions. Experience in implementing GIS systems will be an added advantage. S/he should have experience of playing the GIS Functional lead role for 10-12 years.
The typical responsibilities will include, but not limited to, the following:
· Should be able to lead the design, build, test and deploy solution on Open Source platforms
· Should be able to run the functional workshops with business for GIS requirements
· Should be able to do the demos during the functional workshops using the GIS product
· Should be able to map the customer requirements into the product and suggest workarounds/solutions for the requirements
· Should be able to create the AS-IS and TO-Be Process documents and identify gaps in the product. Suggest customizations using the GIS framework if the workaround solution is not appropriate for the utility.
· Should be able to develop functional design documents from the Functional specification documents and configure the package to meet requirements for projects in this area.
· Should be able to capture the configurations required for the product and create a configuration document for the developers.
· Should be able to design the forms, workflows and portlets, integration with the required systems
· Should be able to guide, mentor and review the end to end solution and perform issue resolutions during support /Post-Go Live phase.
· Should be able to assist the Testing team with the functional areas to be tested.
· The candidate must be a team player and is also expected to help the project team with any functional issues that may arise during the course of the project
Please Note: This description does not cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
· 10-12 years of total IT industry experience, with at least 7 years in implementing GIS Solutions for Telcom using open source platforms.
· Experience of at least 1 or 2 full-cycle implementation for a telecom with hands on Functional and deployment experience in GIS.
· Architecting GIS solutions in Open source framework (primarily QGIS, Geoserver etc.) with integration to CAD platforms
· Familiarity with process integration of GIS with other utility enterprise and operational systems such as core WMIS.
· Should be able to do AS IS, TO BE models, do the CRPs, able to do the product fitment
· Familiarity with GIS Product Architecture, QGIS, Geoserver, Map Server, Data Model, web services, python scripting.
· Experience of leading development team, working with client teams/SMEs and leading them through the project life cycle.
· Good interpersonal communications and analytical ability
· Strong soft skills required
· Ready to travel to client locations as needed
Qualification – Bachelors degree
Experience Required – 10-12 years of experience with listed responsibilities and skill sets.