The Application Support Engineer will responsible for transcoding, analysing, and delivering digital media assets. She or he will be responsible for the operation, support, and maintenance of homegrown media transformation and content supply chain software. To that end, this role will provide Level 3 operational support to Level 2 Media Services run team and end users fulfilling global business critical tasks. Support activities will involve troubleshooting, debugging, configuration, incident reporting, managing ticketed service query system, documentation and other tasks as assigned by supervisor. Furthermore, the App Support Engineer will also have the opportunity to contribute to the design, build, testing and deployment of full suite of media transformation software and backing databases. As a key, client-facing member of the team, we will also be looking to this individual to participate in the full software development lifecycle and help shape the product roadmap.
To be successful in this role, the right application support engineer will have:
· IT background with emphasis on supporting and/or contributing to applications development.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or equivalent experience.
· 2+ years’ experience in an application support engineer or related role.
· 1+ years programming in C# for the .NET Framework and/or Core runtimes.
· Proficiency working with a RDBMS such as SQL Server, MySQL, or PostgreSQL.
· Knowledge of AWS cloud strongly preferred – CloudWatch, EC2, IAM, Lambda
· Experience with Windows, Active Directory, Networking, File Sharing, Linux.
· Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent customer service and relationship management experience.
· Experience with an IT service management system, such as ServiceNow, strongly preferred.
|Job Category||Application Support Engineer|