1. Essential Knowledge and Skills
· In-depth knowledge of the following technologies:
o Microsoft Azure architect technologies, ARM templating, management group policies.
o Experience with Azure DevOps management and operations.
o Experience with Azure operations.
o Experience with PowerShell scripting.
o Experience with custom SDLC processes such as code versioning, packaging, test driven development (TDD), continuous integration, test automation, code analysis and code quality metrics.
o Knowledge of Azure DevOps, Git, GitLab or comparable
· Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation.
· Strong commitment to follow WHO established governance and instructions.
· Strong commitment to do knowledge transfer and inductions to IMT colleagues.
· Excellent analytical and technical skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent planning and organizational skills.
· Basic knowledge of financial models and budgeting.
· Ability to understand the long-term (“big picture”) and short-term perspectives of situations.
· Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems.
· Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
· Ability and willingness to mentor other engineers and developers.
· Ability to communicate effectively to executives.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to work independently and problem solve.
· Demonstrates a passion for learning.
· Comfortable with shifting priorities to meet the needs of the Organization.
· High degree of personal and professional integrity.
2. Education Qualifications
· Achieved relevant Azure Certifications (i.e. Azure Architect Technologies, Azure Solutions Architect Expert, etc.)
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, systems analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience.
· Accreditation in a recognized project management methodology such as PMI or PRINCE 2.
· At least 7 years of knowledge and practical experience in Platform deployments.
· At least 3 years of experience as a solutions architect in Azure implementation.
· Strong understanding and experience in managing VNets, VNet integration, VNet peering, service end points, private endpoints, private links, and private DNS.
· Strong experience in IT application development, methodologies, and tools. Working experience in agile development methods and practices.
· Experience in designing web-based systems with complex and user-friendly interfaces.
· Expert knowledge of DB platforms.
· Expert knowledge of the integration architecture and integration points within applications built on heterogeneous technologies.
· Experience working with nearshore and offshore partners.
· Implementation experience of Containers and Kubernetes.
· Experience with international/non-profit organizations
· Work in multi-cultural international organization
· Exposure to governance processes, general management, budgeting, administrative and financial management
4. Support and Training
To the vendor, on behalf of your resource, please outline the model of support and availability of relevant training provided, such as how many days of training they can commit in the duration of a contract.
Ideally, your resource will have access to relevant competency centres and coaching services.
5. Use of Language Skills
· Expert knowledge in spoken and written English.
· Basic knowledge in French is desirable, but not mandatory.
6. Other Essential IT Skills
· MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
· MS SharePoint, MS Visio, MS Project
|Job Category||Azure Solutions Architect|