Role – BI Engineer
Location – Reading, Berkshire
Type – Permanent
· Create business intelligence and data reporting solutions to enable impactful business action
· Understand customer requirements and work collaboratively with architects and consultants to design technical solutions that deliver the expected outcomes.
· Develop visualisations that are commercially viable and technically excellent guide consumers through a compelling data-driven story
· Diagnose and fix issues in complex technical environments, provide technical support and guidance through prototyping, testing, build, and launch of PowerBI applications
· Contribute to enabling higher quality data to be created & managed in customer organisations and standardise on the definition of business-critical data
· Take technical responsibility across front-end development. Inform the integration and storage layer architecture to ensure data is available as required in the consumption layer
· Contribute to estimating activities, driving towards approaches that balance quality and velocity of delivery.
· Contribute to using AI techniques around Machine Learning to support decision making processes with predictive and prescriptive outcomes
· Deliver comprehensive technical documentation that supports the deployment and administration of the solutions we build
· Continually refine our development standards and best practices, promoting their reuse and ensuring they are adopted
· Support and mentor other data visualisation experts within the team and our clients.
· Up to date knowledge and extensive experience developing PowerBI applications.
· Data Modelling
· Developing calculations in DAX which are accurate and performant on large datasets
· Designing effective layouts using Data Visualisations best practises
· Undertaking data analyses to support decision making
· Develop production-ready Reports, Dashboards and deploy to corporate platform
· Develop user manual &training documentation
· Work in DevOps environment for solution delivery Skills
· Strong data analysis skills
· Strong SQL skills
· In depth understanding of data warehousing concepts
· Experience developing, deploying and trouble-shooting data applications in Microsoft Azure.
|Job Category||BI Engineer|