Role Cloud Migration Consultant
Location Anywhere in UK/EU- Romanian Preferred
Years of Experience 7-9+ Years
Type of Hiring Permanent for EU /Subcon for UK (Any)
Onsite/Offsite 100% Remote
Language English, German Preferred
· At least 7-9+ years experience in IT Industry with 4+ years in AWS or Azure Cloud.
· Sound knowledge on AWS and Azure Services with hand on experience in the following services.
· Expertise in Application migration to AWS
· Expertise in Rehost and Replatform methodologies of AWS migration strategies
· Extensive knowledge in AWS EC2, EBS, AWS RDS, AWS Loadbalncers, AWS Route53, AWS IAM, ECS, Amazon S3, AWS cost management tools
· Strong Knowledge in AWS Cloud Architecture
· Hands on experience in Linux or Unix/AIX operating system management
· Good knowledge in AWS and Azure services, VPC, VNET, Iaas and PaaS services
· Hands on experience in AWS cloud formation or Terraform
· Hands on experience in AWS & Azure migration tools like Cloud Endure, AWS SMS, Azure migrate Carbonite, Platespin
· You are responsible for delivering a complex Cloud migration, Transformation project for customers.
· You will be responsible for cloud transformation projects and working closely with architects and clients.
· Your track record and experience of both traditional infrastructure and cloud, will enable you to smoothly transform client environments to cloud in order to achieve their business goals.
· You will show the way to your junior team members and mentor them on project deliverables.
· Provides expertise and creativity in the execution of differentiating services and solutions.
· Working with Infra/Migration Architects to design, plan and deliver cloud migration projects from data centre (DC), other clouds to AWS, etc.
· Responsible for preparing the cloud infra & services as per design provided by cloud architects
· Implementing the migration eco system like setting AWS MGN to migrate from DC to AWS
· Ensures efficiency by automating repetitive tasks and converting automated scripts to reusable repository
· Documenting technical strategy, solutions and reviewing component designs
· Actively sharing knowledge within the team and Cloud Community
Skills – Mandatory
You should have:
· AWS cloud certification
· 7+ years of total experience in related areas with last 3+ years of experience on cloud
· Proven experience owning technical delivery end-to-end
· Good understanding of traditional infrastructure environments including security and networking as these are part of cloud migration projects.
· Understands application and workload move dispositions (cloud, P2V, V2V, Lift & Shift, replatform) and the methodologies around each
· Strong understanding of AWS Services covering IaaS, PaaS & SaaS
· Good awareness of end-to-end business applications and enterprise services
· Proactive working style and comfortable dealing with ambiguity
· Great analytical skills and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
· Client focused with strong presentation skills and written communication
· Experience working in Agile environments
Skills – Preferred
The following skills and qualifications are also desirable:
· Experience of architecture frameworks and processes
· Experience working in a service integrator or service provider environment
· Exposure working in a cloud-native environment
· Certification and knowledge on Azure cloud platform
|Job Category||Cloud Migration Consultant|