Our client is looking for an experienced Data Modeler to join an exciting project. This is a remote position with HQ in Romania.
· Significant proven experience in applying rigorous data management principles and industry standard development approach to model complex and high-volume data assets to build, maintain conceptual, logical, and physical data models
· Demonstrable experience using data modeling tools – e.g., ErWin
· Evaluate existing data models and physical databases for variances and discrepancies
· Experience with managing meta data for data models
· Experience with large-scale, Hadoop big data methods, such as Spark, Scala, NiFi,
· Demonstrable experience in developing, publishing, and maintaining all documentation for datamodels
· Work with Business Analysts, Data Architects, Software developers, DBAs to achieve project objectives – delivery dates, cost objectives, quality objectives, business customer satisfaction objectives, etc.
· Create entity-relationship diagrams for relational systems and dimensional diagrams for the existing and proposed Data Warehouse, Data Marts, and data cubes
· Define ownership, obtain approvals, and communicate data models to Technology teams. Ensure consistent enterprise view and usage of data assets across the global functions and standards
· Provide architectural expertise in Data warehouse construction and engineering, data source identification, engineering, and migration on latest DB technologies – Snowflake, NoSQL
· Provide feedback to Business Intelligence project and management team to improve data acquisition (structured and unstructured), warehousing methodologies and tools
· Experience in Agile development processes
· Ability to independently learn new technologies and data related approaches
· Effective writing and presentation skills
· Data Modeling concepts (Advanced Level)
· ErWin, Snowflake, DB/MS SQLServer, NoSQL experience is must.
· Modeling experience across large volume based (Tb/Petabytes) environments
· Over-All understanding of Database space (Databases, Data Warehouses, Reporting, Analytics)
· Open to learn new technologies in-line with organizational needs / direction
· Experience with the technologies in the Hadoop ecosystem like Hadoop, HDFS, Spark, and Hive. Additional skillset of MapReduce and Pig is plus
· Well versed with Data Modeling platforms like Erwin, ER STUDIO etc.
· Strong skills in Entity Relationship Modeling (ERWin modeling software preferred)
· Good knowledge about Database Designing / Administration, Advanced Data Modeling for Star Schema design
· Good understanding of Normalized / Denormalized / Star / Snowflake design concepts
· SQL query development for investigation and analysis
· Experience with Data Profiling Tools and BI tools like MicroStrategy will be plus
|Job Category||Data Modeler|