Our client is looking for anInfrastructure Project Manager to join an exciting oppurtunity in London.
As Project Manager in the ITID (Information Technologies and International Development) – (open access journal) CtB programme, the role holder will provide direct oversight of the programme(s)/ project(s), financial and outcome accountability, reporting to a Portfolio Manager within ITID. In executing this role, the Project Manager will need to:
· build strong relationships with senior stakeholders within IT, Global Businesses, Finance
· work closely with their respective Portfolio Manager, the Global ITID PPM Practice team and their senior stakeholders to ensure alignment of their project/programme with the wider change portfolio and group strategy, values and behaviour
· provide board level overview of progress, lead and direct multidisciplinary teams across all global businesses, global functions and regions
· lead end to end execution and responsibility for all aspects of the project/programme, including definition, planning, execution & implementation, governance & control, financial, resource and change management.
· Provide financial analysis, including being able to contextualise financial data into business activities and conclusions
· Ensure the adherence to financial processes and procedures at project/programme level, as set and communicated by Bank Group, regulators and ITID PPM Practice.
· Own the the identification and escalation of any budgetary related risks, issues and opportunities to portfolio/function as appropriate.
· have responsibility for effective handover of the project/programme into Business as Usual operations to support effective benefits realisation.
· have responsibility for deploying the Business Transformation Frameworks and respective methodologies within their Programme/Project and instilling good programme/project disciplines within their project and wider team.
· lead and manage within the matrix environment to enable successful delivery.
Impact on the Business Function
· Plans effectively around delivery constraints and optimizes the programme/project plan to maximize benefits and minimise risk. Develops the plan within constraints, considering the delivery approach, key milestones and dependencies within the plan, requirements and scope, effort and resources, budgets and quality.
· Ensures the baseline measures are established which include scope, requirements, benefits, schedule and budget are managed as outlined in project and programme management frameworks. Identifies and intervenes where there is slippage and variance from plan.
· Plans and tracks operating and capital spend within budgetary constraints and reports risks and discrepancies. Tracks and reports on financial business case commitments and ensures adherence to financial processes. Leads by example and encourages excellent financial management in others.
· Oversees the tracking of projects(s) risks, issues, dependencies and assesses the impacts on the benefit realization for the project(s) and takes action to minimise impact, actively challenging and removing obstacles
· Influences and collaborates with ITID and other ITD and global business stakeholders and partners to drive the transformation outcomes. Represents ITID, where necessary, at discussions regarding project/programme prioritisation and to create buy-in for risk mitigation and contingency plans
· Obtains sponsor and stakeholder buy in to plans, key commitments and changes against baseline as they arise
· Obtains sponsor and stakeholder sign off for deliverables, formally closes project, assesses stakeholder satisfaction and captures feedback. Captures key learns from each project.
· Articulates to stakeholders the targeted benefits and takes joint responsibility for benefits realisation
· Manages the initiative sponsor(s), working with them to ensure project deliverables are met
· Plans and manages the implementation of multiple people related transformation projects, to ensure business benefits are realised and that the transition from current state to target state is smooth. Ensures that the ITID organization and other change audiences are ready, willing and able to function in the new business environment.
· Works closely with delivery partners on planning, design and estimating, bringing together teams; actively managing dependencies between these teams and other projects and prgrammes
· Sets the pace and operating rhythm, driving a culture of achievement and ensures pace by identifying and removing barriers to transformation projects/programmes and their success
· Promotes pace and energy within the team and leads by example
|Job Category||IT Infrastructure Delivery (ITID) Project Manager|