Type of hiring IT Engineer
Salary Negotiable depending on the skills
As a 1st Line Engineer at Akita, you will:
· Be part of a dedicated team of engineers within a busy IT services company.
· Perform duties that include ticket support on Helpdesk and hardware maintenance. These include resolving tickets such as user setups, software installs, hardware fault finding, VPN troubleshooting, NTFS permissions changes, hosted service issues, email fault finding, mobile device support and user profile problems.
· Attend client sites as and when required to fulfil the requirements of prescheduled projects and reactive troubleshooting.
· Have a diligent approach that achieves a long term and cost-effective result for our clients.
· Demonstrate a professional, respectful, and proactive approach to customer service.
· Thrive on obtaining new technical knowledge, actively engaging with more senior colleagues to expand your skillset.
· Bring a general knowledge of Windows technologies, such as Windows Server and Desktop operating systems.
· Use the products and services within our established portfolio to recognise new business opportunities and then escalate them into sales.
· Demonstrate a logical and methodical approach to troubleshooting, thinking outside the box to reach the best resolution.
· Windows Server 2003-2019
· Windows Desktop (XP to 10)
· Hosted Desktop and Cloud computing
· General user and email administration
· Office 365 tenant setup and administration
· Basic networking capabilities (DNS, DHCP etc)
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· VMWare/Hyper-V administration
· VoIP experience, preferably 3CX
· Apple products and support
· Group Policy administration
· Cabling experience
· Exposure to Ubiquiti / Cisco Wireless
· Previous MSP experience
· Recognised accreditations (MCPs, CompTIA, Apple)
|Job Category||IT Support Engineer|