Remote – UK
FTE – 1 year
Up to GBP80,000 PA
3+ years experience
· Knowledge of software licenses including copyright, modification, automation and distribution.
· Worked in a risk or legal or controls or other regulated environment assessing implications of software licenses
· Knowledge of Open-Source software and licenses, and their implications
· Strong communication skills
· Familiarity with tools like Confluence, JIRA, and SharePoint
· Analyze license/copyright aspects of new FOSS software acquisition requests from Engineering teams
· Communicate licensing implications to Engineering teams
· Work closely as a part of the FOSS team and with FOSS Licensing SME to continuously improve the FOSS control process. This can include:
1. review the clients existing treatment of Open-Source licenses and recommend any changes, exceptions with associated conditions
2. categorize licenses not recognized by automation into the clients defined categories
3. contribute to training and awareness of licensing implications within Engineering teams
4. participate in the selection, assessment and development of license evaluation automation
We are looking for a software licensing analyst to support the definition of new policies, processes, and controls that govern how the client consumes and contributes to Free and Open-Source software (FOSS). The role will involve liaison with FOSS Licensing SME, Engineering teams, and client legal.
Good to have:
· Experience working in a Helpdesk or similar.
· Liaison with Legal and Engineering teams.
· Experience with Open-Source software from a usage or contribution perspective.
· Knowledge of software development lifecycle, DevSecOps.
· Experience of working in an Agile environment.
· Exposure to tooling such as Sonatype IQ Server/ Lifecycle, FOSSology or similar.
· Legal /copyright law training would be advantageous.
|Job Category||Licensing SME|