Role – Systems Engineer/ 2nd Line Support
Location – London
3 Month FTC – with a view to go perm (immediate start)
Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities (a breakdown of Job Purpose):
· Answer the telephone as first point of contact and log any service ticket using the service desk staging process ensuring that any quick service tickets are worked on over the phone.
· triage any service ticket logged by email using the service desk staging process to ensure the SLA,type, sub type and item level (If applicable) is set correctly.
· Attempt to resolve any service tickets on first touch that have either been logged via phone, email or assigned directly and escalate to 3rd line using our escalation process if unable to resolve within an acceptable amount of time.
· Help the Site Manager and NOC manager manage the queues and bring any issues to his/her attention.
· Identify any repeat issues during the staging process and use our problem ticket process to identify potential problem tickets.
· Ensure all your time sheets and ticket updates are as accurate as possible.
· Manage ticketing system queues and service tickets where ownership is given to ensure that the support desk processes are followed and all service tickets are left in the right configuration to
· reflect the issue or last update.
· Ensure all engineering time sheets and service ticket updates are as accurate as possible.
· MS Server and Desktops – MCITP.
· Support of email systems for client (Exchange, Outlook)
· Networking Admin skills
· MS Office
· Proven experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows 8
· and Windows 10
· Experience with supporting users on remote desktop services
· Experience of providing remote user support on the telephone and on
· external client sites
· Experience with administrative tasks associated with Active Directory
· Experience of troubleshooting Office Suite 2013 to 2019
· Experience with Office 365 and Exchange online
· Experience in dealing with VIP users
· Experience with virtualization for example – Vmware
· Experience with monitoring systems
· Good understanding of networking – OSI network layers, TCP/IP, DHCP
· Understanding of data protection and data security
· Demonstrate strong organisational skills
· Have an understanding of what is required to communicate effectively
· between various business levels both internally and externally (clients,
· suppliers and vendors)
· Exhibit time management skill
|Job Category||Second Line Support|