Senior Data Engineer
Senior Data Engineer
Location – Reading
· Engineering cloud-based data lake patterns to connect and leverage organisational & external data
· Capture, Ingest, Process and Store large volumes of data and activate for multiple data science use cases
· Enable higher quality data to be created & managed in our customers organisations and standardise on the definition of business-critical data
· Develop data products that are commercially viable and technically excellent through utilising the (primarily) cloud native patterns available to the market
· Help to diagnose and fix issues in complex technical environments, provide technical support and guidance through prototyping, testing, build, and launch of data products
· Help to understand customer requirements and work collaboratively with other architects and consultants to design data solutions that deliver the expected outcomes.
· Contribute to estimating activities, driving towards approaches that balance quality and velocity of delivery.
· Contribute to comprehensive technical documentation that supports the deployment and administration of the solutions we build.
· Contribute to continually refining our development standards and best practices, promoting their reuse and ensuring they are adopted.
· Strong technical expertise using core Microsoft Azure data technologies: Data Factory, Databricks, Data Lake, Azure SQL, Synapse, Data Catalog, Purview
· A strong background in Python development, particularly for data engineering, and SQL
· Experience working with Power BI: Power Query, DAX, Power BI Service
· Experience of team working and task tracking with Azure DevOps following Scrum / Agile methodologies.
· Experience with Azure databases (Synapse EDW, SQL Managed Instance, Azure SQL)
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Experience with TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Peer Review, Automated Testing for DataOps solution delivery
Knowledge and experience of the following would be advantageous:
· C# development skills
· Experience of wider Azure services used for infrastructure build and monitoring (ARM, Policy, Monitor, Log Analytics etc)
· Previous experience of delivering DW & BI using Microsoft BI stack (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
· Experience of implementing big data/analytics services
· Experience working with an environment where operation support and monitoring of code and systems is part of the culture (DevOps)
· Experience with supporting AI/Machine Learning workflows at production-level scale is a plus
· Experience of working with NoSQL databases such as Cosmos DB or Mongo DB
|Job Category||Senior Data Engineer|