· Develop Tableau reports from multiple data sources using Cross database joins, Data Blending.
· Integrate Tableau server and reports with APIs, single sign-on or other applications such as R or
Python for predictive analytics and for real time data reporting.
· Use Tableau as a front-end BI tool to develop workbooks, dashboards, global filter pages, and
complex parameters-based calculations.
· Create ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) workflows for data mining, data cleansing, data load
into a relational and non-relational database that include creating database tables, views, and
· Build Financial Dashboards using Tableau
· Validate data for accuracy and completeness against source-of-truth financial statements.
· Link GL Summary and GL Transaction level detail for drill-through capabilities in Tableau
· Interact with business users to identify dashboard strategies, report layouts.
· Gather and analyze business data from various sources.
· Evaluate and improve existing systems that are in place as well as collaborating with teams
within the business to integrate these new systems to streamline workflow and company
· Serve as Tableau Server admin to perform user provisioning, server performance management,
license management, and version upgrades.
· Participate in defining best practices around report development, testing, access management,
and report refresh scheduling
· Strong understanding of database schemas and querying tools
· Experience with SQL, Stored Procedures & writing complex queries
· Experience working with Tableau 10.x and above.
· Understanding of basic accounting standards for financial performance reporting (i.e. Period to
date or Life to date balances by account types: Assets, Liabilities, Net Assets/Equities, Revenue,
Expense; Debit vs. Credit balances; periodic timing/differences between fiscal years and
· Understanding of financial hierarchies and familiarity with using hierarchical structures to define
different views of data.
· Experience with leveraging an accounting system or financial system hierarchies in Tableau.
· Experience with financial data visualizations including: Balance Sheet, P&L, and Cash Flow.
· Expert knowledge of best practices for dashboards and BI reporting with emphasis in design and
· Experience with ETL solutions
· Experience with HIPAA regulated data
· Knowledge of accounting & financial reporting systems: preferably Host Analytics.
· Knowledge of API connections/Integration services (Boomi).
|Job Category||Tableu Developer|